Saturday, December 22, 2007

Be Free!



"I hope before our time ends, we'll be able to stretch our arms wide open, leap on the ground and shout to the top of our lungs...I'm Free! "


Free! Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you know that you are free?


In this modern world, being free takes another level in its definition. A lot of things enslave us nowadays. Debts, not working relationship, weak faith, miscommunication, illiteracy, poverty and the list goes on..

Is being free a choice we make? Or was it a predefined pattern which drowned us to what we are now? I'll bite the concept in a 90-10 partition. I am giving "choice" the big slice due to the fact that we were given the Will to decide on the actions we make. Regardless on what force enslaves you, the power to break out is given within. Now, to dwell in this corruption, is a choice you make. The way you stand on your choice will determine if you'll be victorious in the end.

On the other hand, I'm putting 10% on the uncontrollable circumstances in our life since these factors are given in an as is basis. Example of this is the choice of family, status in life, birth abnormality etc. However, this are not determinants on what you'll be in the future. They will play a major role no question about that, but the way you'll interact on the given stimulus will make the difference. Two individuals can receive each a million and be given a day to use it...at the end of the day I'm pretty much sure the handling will never be the same.

Contemplating, I am still far away to being free. Not that I'm doing nothing. I still have a lot of walls to conquer. And the first wall I am working on is my own self. Wish me luck. I hope before our time ends, we'll be able to stretch our arms wide open, leap on the ground and shout to the top of our lungs...I'm Free!

No comments: