Sunday, August 5, 2007

Your net worth

"Life itself is unfair. Your only leverage of continuing the fight is your freedom."

For no apparent reason, I was just struck by this question... how much is my worth? Absurd? Such a dumb question to ask you may say. But contemplating on how society sees people as a person today, all pours down into one place...your worth.

Fancy car, a house in an exclusive subdivision, multiple bank accounts; will this dictate how much is your worth? In this materialistic world, this might be the meter it would use to rate your value. Such a tragic reality.

Will you be a lesser person should you chose to live below your means and dream of just having what is enough and essential for you? I believe not. Choosing to live in simplicity is my goal after I settled everything. And in order for me to achieve this, my idea would be to free myself to all that complicates me. Easy to say, but it would take more than just self-discipline and commitment in order to fulfill this.

I guess determining your worth would take two things. Your self-worth and how others would value you. If you would see yourself as a thousandth person then that is your self-worth. You can also be a million worth of person. However, defining yourself like this draws to the conclusion that you can be measured on what you have. I would never want to be rated like this. I am not a thing. I am a human being.

How others would value you? A question which I guess when answered will determined you full worth. Who would like to be taken for granted? None. None deserve to be. So for those people whom you know values you, and more for those whom values you more than their life...a simple gesture of appreciation would not hurt. Believe me, they would be in high even for just noticing.

Everyday life is a struggle. A battle you need to conquer. Life itself is unfair. Your only leverage of continuing the fight is your freedom. Which path will you take? It's up to you myfriend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" I guess determining your worth would take two things.Your self-worth and how others would value you. .."

No one is allowed to judge u, unless u allow them,even the richest man have worst critics.NO amount of money can make you feel that you are WORTH IT, because when reality bites, you know your fooling yourself.

Self Worth is earned, it doesnt have a price tag..It cant be bought on any store and no fancy car can replace it either.

My net worth is my faith, the smiles that I can provide my loveones, the THANK Yous I get from strangers...and most of all the my net worth is my conscience because I know I may not be rich,hot or as good looking as models can be...but I am a good child to my mother.

To heck what others would say:)
Just sharing :)