Tuesday, August 7, 2007

1 cup of sad and 2 tablespoon of happiness

"It was nice to see those people that visits mySis. Makes me wonder. If I would get hospitalized, who would visit me? Will You be there?"

I arrived from work this morning informed by myTang that mySis is in the hospital with myMa. I thought it would be a usual checkup she's having. Dawn came and I am preparing myself to work and still no mySis came home. There I knew something serious had happened. I immediately texted myMa, and I was informed that mySis was confined and diagnosed of appendicitis. And they are still waiting for the confirmation of the doctor for a possible operation, if needed.

I felt like a zombie while on work. Physically present but mentally absent. My spirit is roaming in vacuum. Fingers' crossed that it would not affect my current work performance.

08:04 PM, I received a text message. Wondering from whom it came, it was from myKots! (myKots is a batch mate from my current work, resigned and went abroad) Out from nowhere, such a good news came. Adding to this, "I brought yellow Abu Dhabi souvenir shirt 4u", a follow up message. Sweet!

Me, being like a directionless wind, finally decided to confined my situation to mySungit. I am having second thoughts in contacting her since its her off and I don't wanna disturb her personal time. However, I took the shot. And there she was, available to listen.

Our course of conversation went on from mySis, myAccident, msLeonardoD, trust topic, untold everyday learning with each other , myBlog (behind the story of almost deletion) , writing skills (struggling wanna be writer) and a high school anecdote.

The shift ended and time to punch out. Thanks God, the sky is clearer which is a sign of a good day ahead. I would like to extend my gratitude to mySam for the ride on the way to the hospital. In the hospital, entered the first building and started wondering why are there no lights on. Such a new hospital doing a cost cutting program? I can't really believe, there are no lights on! And there I decided to call myMa. Just then I learned that I entered the wrong building. I can't help but laugh my heart out.

It was Room 306, a private room at the far side of the hall in third floor. I saw mySis lying with dextrose of her right hand. I was relieved to see that she was already conscious. By mere observing, I can say that the operation went well. Without a sleep yet, I have to watch over mySis since myMa needed to go home to get some clothes and other things needed. It was estimated that mySis would need to stay for at least three days.

It was nice to see those people that visits mySis. Makes me wonder. If I would get hospitalized, who would visit me? Will You be there?

I would like to end this post with a written note I found in the table from myTang before I left to work.

* mrSilence=

what you want

what you like

ask and talk to myCousin!!! Okey

myTang

(this note was not translated) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jo,,

i hope ur sis will get well soon..
nice blog u got here.. i'll read the rest of your blogs later...

take care
ehris

i'mWorthALot! said...

"If I would get hospitalized, who would visit me? Will You be there?"
//i'll be there! pero wag ka naman sana mahospitalized...

"what you want what you like ask and talk to myCousin!!! OkeymyTang"
//i miss your dad (he's so funny hehe), i hope to see him soon and regards to your mom as well!

i pray for a fast recovery for your sis...

a little bit of everything is fine,
yourSurvivor ;p