Friday, October 12, 2007

Sick of it


"Against all odds that comes, we Filipinos still manages to smile. Such a gift unique to us. "

I changed the channel on the TV to watch my favorite lunch news program. And I can't believe what I am seeing, every news segment features the Filipino Champ. From his arrival to the hotel where he stayed. Every movement, oh! can't stand it. Well I am not against him or what. Sure I am proud about his recent victory for he brings the pride of the Filipino people. What makes me the antagonist of the scene is the unfair attention being given to him over the unknown heroes that brings the same prestige and pride to our country. We have ALLOT of artist, inventors, athletes of the same caliber that not only makes us proud but as well makes noise to the world saying "Hey, I am Filipino and I make my country proud".

Here's the slice of my story. Philippines is a third world country. This physical sport is not the answer to improve the life of every single Filipino. Sure every fight creates an aura of momentary unity, however, we do not need a transient solutions to revive the struggling status of our country. If I'll be given the power, I'll focus on two things; Technology and Natural resources. This are the two areas where I see that our country will make an edge over the others.

At the end of the day, we'll still enjoy every fight this warriors will try to endure to obtain the sweet victory of being the champ. Against all odds that comes, we Filipinos still manages to smile. Such a gift unique to us.

No comments: