Friday, February 1, 2008

Memory lane


"Physically, sure there are BIG changes, lol kidding aside."

Browsing the net and hoping from page to page,
I happen to read a friends blog* about himself and his old pictures. I felt mixed emotion while reading his post. Silently laughing in seeing his pictures where if I'll be asked to pinpoint him, I would never guess that it's him in a million years. hahaha (my bad)

Anyway, after finishing reading his post, I became rather nostalgic out of a sudden. I miss the days when we (myKababata) plays luksong tinik, taguan, piko, bahay-bahayan just to name a few of the games we enjoyed then. How I wish I still have the stamina to run all day long without getting tired and to do it all again the next day.

The tv shows during our time, oh how i miss them! All those Japanese dubbed shows,from Voltes V, Masked Rider Black, Bioman, Shaider, Masked Man etc..

I also remember singing along the intro and end music of each show. I do not know how, but I think at an early age I already knew how to speak Japanese. Geez, I do hope I knew what on earth am I shouting those times. But I really felt that I know them by heart, :)

Take note, our tv set then was only black and white. Imagine how I percieved Red 1...

Even with our prehistoric technology, this did not hinder me from exploring my world of imagination. However, I guess this took to much effect on me coz till now, I think I have an untapped super power. Ssssshhh!

My daily provision during my elementary days is Php 5.00. Enough for t
he half day in school. I do go home during lunch time because our home is only a walking distance away from school. Back then, five pesos can go a long way already. I can buy buko juice, chichirya and any food available that is with nutritional value with the remaining change.

Hilaw na mangga and bagoong is sometimes the highlight of my recess then.

A family computer, the only item on my wish list during my childhood days. Sad to say, I never had this piece of gadget.

But sure enough I was able to play it with my cousins. I'm pretty much sure you are familiar with the chubby plumber who love's to eat spaghetti ;)
A little trivia: My love to spaghetti was greatly influence with this computer character. Thank's Mario!

Walking down memory lane made me think about the big changes that happened to me. Physically, sure there are BIG changes, lol kidding aside. How I wish that I can have a glimpse of those past events in my life. Well one thing good about history is that even though events and happening already passed, we have the luxury to reminisce it over and over again.


*Reference:
**Pictures: Thanks to Google :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice flashback of memories he he ! Sana u put ur old photos too, so that we know what are the "big changes" you are talking about ha ha

jhowone said...

wish i could be a kid again...
life is more simple and easier then huh?!

Anonymous said...

such a great writing..it puts a smile to every reader....thank you for walking me down to the "memory lane"..

mrSilence said...

Matthew 18:1-6