Saturday, March 1, 2008

Comfort Zone



"What keeps us from moving out our comfort zone? What's making us stay in our slacking position and step over the line of the unknown opportunity?"

I was once invited by a friend from work and mySis to attend a prayer meeting with a Christian Singles Community. During the sharing portion, my attention was caught when a sharer said something like...moving from our comfort zone.

"Moving from our comfort zone. Moving from our comfort zone. Moving from our comfort zone"... this thought lingered in my mind till the end of the prayer meeting.

What keeps us from moving out our comfort zone? What's making us stay in our slacking position and step over the line of the unknown opportunity?

I just notice for example that we complain so much with our work and demand a lot of things, but are we doing something to correct these gripe of ours? I guess not. I am pretty much sure you are still doing the same job that you are not happy doing everyday. Afraid of resigning for the fear of not getting a replacement job, asap, because you are thinking of the bills that needed to be paid. Even sacrificing your real fashion or aligning yourself with a work you're sure to enjoy with regard to your education.

I am guilty of this and I'm 99% sure you are as well. However, if you are included on the elite 1%...good for you. You are making the most of your life and just keep up the good work. As for the majority which I myself is included, well this is not a sad story for us. Some creativity and risk taking will be our primary weapon in solving this dilemma.

Surely moving out of our comfort zone will not be easy, but this is achievable. In addition, to being creative and taking some guts to take risk, we also need the big F which is the reality-making agent in order to materialized this goal. FOCUS. Distractions will be a norm along the process. But the sweet price in moving out our decaying state of comfort will be Nirvana, no doubt!

*Thank to Google for the picture

4 comments:

Neri said...

"What keeps us from moving out [of] our comfort zone? What's making us stay in our slacking position and step over the line of the unknown opportunity?"

The big F: Fear. Fear of the unknown.

As a friend reminded me: Destiny belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams and have the courage to pursue it.

I'm moving forward to be part of that elite 1%. Hope to see you there soon. ;)

mrSilence said...

Yes, sooner or later...I am positive :)

Anonymous said...

i always dream to be part of that 1% elite. We all struggle to be there but then you made me realized, its only 1% that were all struggling for...is it worth it? I guess...though our ratio will be relatively small, at least we can exist and be unique...

in addition, aren't you in HK right now? its amazing that you can still write while in travel..don't forget to share your stories...

take care and god bless..

Your DearRFighter..

mrSilence said...

is it worth it? hmm, I guess to achieve TRUE happiness is worth taking the shot. Besides, I don't want to merely exist, I want to LIVE...