Friday, March 7, 2008

Major



"Most of the rare receipts I have are times when I shared a meal with a close friend or with my family."

Each one of us has a share of weirdness to present. Things we do or collect, compulsively. Some collect shoes, bags, caps, perfumes and stamps. Others like antiques, sports cards, and stationery's.

I have two things that I collect. One major and one minor. For the minor, I keep butterfly stuffs. Well, mostly key chains and small things with butterfly image or engravings in it. Not that I am obsess with it, but rather I like the simplicity and balance I feel when I see one. I do not buy them since they are mostly given by special people..in short donations, lol.

Now for the major, I collect receipts. You read it right. Receipts! You may wonder why I keep these piece of papers. Main reason is for record keeping. I admit, I am not good in remembering events and dates. So to compensate, I keep receipts.

Through these small piece of papers, I am able to trace and remember what have I been doing at a specific date. Time, place, items, prices, taxes, people, contact information just to name some information I am able to retrieve. Vital information that are readily accessible when I need them.

As with all collections, I do also have my favorite. If I can remember it right it was dated July 17, 2007. Moreover, I also have some special ones. Rare receipts which I am able to share with special people or myFamily.

myReceipts also serve as concrete evidence on how my life progresses. During my school days I am only able to eat at fast food restaurants(well if I am able to eat at these food chains it definitely means I have some extra money which is rare to happen, I tell you) Now, I am able to eat at the real restaurants. Okay, not those flashy fine dining four-type-of-spoons-soup-to-dessert resto but let's just say the decent ones.

Whatever things you collect or habitually do, for as long as it makes you happy, I am go to that.

*Thanks to Google for the picture

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mybro what a revelation! i didn't know you collect butterfly stuffs
Gosh! :( i missed that part of you *sigh

nweiz i still have the receipt for our Reunion'06 (can you still recall where we dine in?) i guess that's one of the expensive treat you gave for a close friend.. i thank you for that :D

more receipts for our friendship,
yourSurvivor

mrSilence said...

Yup, but just a minor thingy. I just love the seeing them. And if God's forbid...I will have one of those butterfly garden in the future..sssshhhh!! :D

Wow, Reunion '06...that is definetely @ Densio's!

Looking forward on our next purchase!!!

Anonymous said...

:-) nice choices for your collections.... You are right, whatever collections you have, as long as they or it makes you happy, just continue collecting them...:-)

mrSilence said...

share your collections as well, I would love to hear them :)