Tuesday, March 11, 2008

it


"I hope our eyes won't see a crumpled money to the people that we meet but the value of the person equal to us without discrimination..."


Last Sunday, I went to SM. I watch a movie (10,000 BC), eat miryenda (beef wanton and tofu) and had my badminton racket stringed (thanks to the badminton committee for the racket).

Usually, this is my definition of fun when I go out.. alone. Yah, this is fun to me already. The highlight of my week. Due to my previous day off being weekdays (Tue-Wed), I got used to going out on my own. Sometime though to add a little twist on my off, I meet pareng SanMig. Three bottles will solve my day. And my favorite place to get a bit tipsy, Gerry's Grill. Another favorite of me is the draft beer at the food court section. Oh man, just love that bitter-cold stuff.

Spending a lot (okay I'm just exaggerating there, lol) I got home with my pocket full of change. Crumpled money. I just realized, if money could only speak, I will have a very long conversation with it. I will ask who are the people it meet, the places that it was able to visit, the situations it went through...

Have you been at the wallet of a credible politician? (I guess not) Or a tip from a celebrity leaving a hotel suite? Were you able to feel blessed when you were dropped from the offering of mass? Or maybe prevent a poor family to sleep with an empty stomach even for day.

A crumpled money. Its value does not supersede its form. The same buying power whether it was born yesterday or today. Such an amusing lesson I hope we can apply.

I hope our eyes won't see a crumpled money to the people that we meet but the value of the person equal to us without discrimination...

*Thanks to Google for the picture

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hay di man lang nagyaya,,,,,, =P nanood na pala ng sine..

mrSilence said...

Taralets! :)