Friday, September 7, 2007

The man with no name

"As I started my engine, it comes to me that we never said our names. Oh well, people names can be forgotten but the teachings I learned today will forever instill in my heart..."

09/06/07: The weather nowadays is very unpredictable. One moment the sun is shining, then all of a sudden its raining cats and dogs. I was halfway on the road when the rain suddenly poured. I was left with no choice but to stop at the nearest gas station. There I met this cool guy at his early 50's as I estimate in his look. It is not my habit to talk to stranger but what the heck, the rain would seem to last an hour as I read the clouds movement. (One ability you'll learn when you ride a bike is reading clouds).

We started talking about our motorcycles. Brands. Parts. Prices. Accidents. Boy, its nice to chat with people whom you share the same interest. However, the things that marked our conversation are the realization I made in real life.

~there will always be a black sheep and good sheep in the family
~life is hard, but it pays for those who persevere
~money can open opportunities
~to live a single life is a choice
~parents greatest wealth are his children who succeeded in life
~parents play favorites
~less is more
~its not always the brain that will lead you to success but on how you treat people
~life's short, keep it simple
~you can start a conversation with a smile
~listening to other people's stories even if you are not interested makes a big difference in their ego
~the sky will always clear after a heavy rain
~timing is a big factor in a decision

The rain lasted almost an hour. We parted ways smiling. As I started my engine, it comes to me that we never said our names. Oh well, people names can be forgotten but the teachings I learned today will forever instill in my heart...

No comments: